ACube Systems released a new version of the U-Boot firmware for its Sam440ep motherboards (mini-itx and flex versions). The updated installation guide describes in detail the usual installation method (ISO image) and alternative methods (TFTP). The UBoot and UBoot updater make use of GPL code and thus are both published under GPL.
What’s new in this version:
- – improved gfx cards setup, it solves compatibility problems with some Radeon HD cards
- – better internal PCI bridge setup for a slight faster RAM <-> VRAM transfer speed
- – added PEX 8112 PCI – PCIE bridge setup (used on some Radeon HD PCI variant cards)
- – added a new menu entry to enable/disable IRQ on an external PCI gfx card
- (try disabling IRQ if the system seems freezed after loading the AOS4.1 kickstart files, for example)